Time management refers to the way you organize and plan how long you spend on specific activities.
Time management is a bit of a misnomer. Really it is about managing your overall workload and productivity.
Trying to multi-task will cause you to be inefficient because you are constantly switching between different tasks. The act of switching between tasks costs time and makes you less productive. It will also lead to cognitive errors and fatigue.
Studies show people are more productive with short bursts of activity that last about 90 minutes followed by a break.
- Minimize Multi-Tasking
- Check email/Epic only once a day
- Minimize interruptions
- List your goals and organize/group the activities
- Core responsibilities-admitting patients, phone calls to patients, etc
- Personal Growth- projects, research, etc
- Managing People- working with others
- Urgent matters- crisis
- Free Time
- Administrative tasks